Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment sale of Closely Held Stock

earl_garrison
Level 3

I see no prohibition against an individual using the installment method for the sale of closely held C corporation stock.  Please let me know if I'm missing something regarding this.

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
sjrcpa
Level 15

You are correct.

Ex-AllStar
earl_garrison
Level 3

Thank you for the reply.  I was pretty certain, but it's always good to get confirmation.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Consider it confirmed.  Answers provided humans are pretty much guaranteed.  Answers provided by cartoon characters ----------- not so much.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

In case it's relevant, since you mentioned it was a C corp.

Was the stock Qualified Small Business Stock under Section 1202? 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Mine is a still a cartoon - been having a hard time loading the dog picture...  

So, for my preview, @IRonMaN, how about answers barked out by a dog? 

In any case, Earl, you're on your own regarding Section 1202... 

IRonMaN
Level 15

But you have one of those store bought avatars.  I sewed my own costume. 

@IntuitGabi 

As a side note, I used to be able to change my "signature line" periodically.  Now when I click on the intro tab (which is how I think I got to it in the past) I just get a "Uh-oh" Looks like our website has a problem.  Give us a moment to straighten things out.  That "moment" has now lasted for several weeks.  Did I use up my quota of changes, or is there an issue with the link?

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

From my chair, there's NO link or icon or box or whatever for a signature line. 

I think one of your loose turtles ate the link. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Click once on your icon in the upper right corner of the page and select "my settings"

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Did this a few years ago and it was no problem... Don't forget any interest, interest 100% taxable as received... Just my opinion...

PATAX
Level 15

Had a hard time getting my gsd's pictures on there... You have to take a close up picture so it doesn't use up too much space or memory or whatever they call it... There's a way to crop the picture but I didn't figure out how to do it....

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

BTTT (been there tried that)

Under Setting:

Under PERSONAL:

There is NO signature in any of the above....

Not that it's important to me. 

Though more important than Sec 1202 for now.  NO client of mine sold his closely held C corp stock....

And much less important than checking loose turtles running around.

0 Cheers