Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation gets to installing entitlement client and this error code returned was :1601

mance121
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
abctax55
Level 15

What's an "entitlement" client?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's how Intuit tracks the licensing for their programs.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/license-information/help/installing-or-repairing-the-intuit-...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

35 + years of using Lacerte and I have *never* heard of 'entitlement' client 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

35 + years of using Lacerte and I have *never* heard of 'entitlement' client 😉

Me neither! I found this interesting tidbit (including the typo)

"Intuit Entitlement Client is a program developed by Intuit. The setup package is about 4.56 MB (4,781,056 bytes) when donwloaded. In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 10. While about 100% of users of Intuit Entitlement Client come from the United States, it is also popular in Australia and United Kingdom. "

I looked in my apps and could not find any entitlement. I guess I am just a commoner.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's not an App or program. It's an ".ecml" filetype, sort of like holding a Cookie from your web browsing is used for tracking purposes. You would not have this if you use cloud; it tracks for the locally installed programs. QB has it, too. So does DMS.

You can search the web:

proseries entitlement

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
RickOrMary
Level 2

If you try to install Proseries into any directory except c:\ProWinYY (where YY=year) then your install will fail with "There was a problem installing Entitlement Client", Error 1619 or 1601.  No one in tech support will be able to help you; they will claim there is some problem with your hardware or operating system.  I believe the problem occurs because the Entitlement Client has this particular directory hard-coded, so when it tries to read from itself in this directory, it can't find itself.  This has been an installation bug for several years and has cost me a lot of time to figure out on my own.

0 Cheers
gelizares
Level 2

What did you do to correct cant get into my DMS at all because of that error.  Only my files was in another directory but installed on the C drive. Did an uninstall and reinstalled and still getting problems.

0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5

I changed software providers. Best thing I ever did in my 11 years of practice.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@jeffrey where did you land?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jeffrey
Level 5

Drake,

They have organizers that are fillable, They have a portal that integrates well with software, a scheduler that integrates and email system that all integrates very well together.

Cost extremely reasonable, support above and beyond. Yes you have to know what you are doing to input tax data (ProSeries works great for unexperienced people). We are professionals.

I recently upgraded to windows 11 and ProSeries Tech support is unable to install on the New Admin Machine after hours of trying. (thank god I can open on other machines in my office).

0 Cheers