Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation cd

roriggs
Level 2

I received my installation CD yesterday.  I have already started on several returns.  Will loading the CD cause the work I have already done to be overridden?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

If you are already working, and installed from the web as downloaded, then the CD is a pretty Christmas Tree ornament for you, now. Those are created and sent before any incremental updates made to bring the program into compliance, update forms that are finalized, before late law changes or end of year extenders, etc. You won't use a CD now, in this case.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

If you are already working, and installed from the web as downloaded, then the CD is a pretty Christmas Tree ornament for you, now. Those are created and sent before any incremental updates made to bring the program into compliance, update forms that are finalized, before late law changes or end of year extenders, etc. You won't use a CD now, in this case.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

No need to do anything with the CD. I have absolutely no idea why Intuit wastes shipping costs on sending those out. They are a relic of the pre-Internet days when I would wait for the package to arrive so that I could get started preparing returns. 

I just tossed mine. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I have seen some people that struggle with the online download and get errors or cant finish the install...using the CD works better for them...I have no clue how or what the difference is.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪