Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation 2019 proseries

Chuck Ross
Level 2

My computer froze on me while in the middle of working on a return.  When I rebooted the computer it told me the program file was corrupted.  I uninstalled and tried to reinstall pro-series and now I am told I need to have win 10 64 bit installed.  I am in fact running win 10 64 bit.  I seem to recall I had this issue when I originally installed 2019 before tax season.

Can't remember how this was resolved.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like a good plan, but did you have a question about it?

Slava Ukraini!
Chuck Ross
Level 2

Sorry yes, please review the message I added.  

0 Cheers
Chuck Ross
Level 2

I remember now it's related to an issue with Visual C++.  But that was resolved, Humm!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The new and improved search function doesn't work worth a crap but my best bud Google came up with this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/not-able-to-install-proseri...

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Chuck Ross
Level 2

Thanks I found that link as well, but I still can't get the program to reinstall.  That did solve it originally, will figure it out and post the resolution online.  Never had an install problem before with pro-series and I've been using the program since they were produced on 3.5 floppy disks.

Thanks again,

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good luck!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

IDK if this is helpful but I just crashed my PC last night and was re-installing PS. Every time I uninstalled and reinstalled it had a problem. The uninstall does not get rid of all files and folders, like the Common folder.

It also keeps the data folder, which you want to keep, but not the others. So copy and keep 19Data, but delete the rest. THEN re-install. This worked, and I am now re-setting all the Home Base views etc that did not transfer.

I also keep a backup of the Common folders elsewhere, so that one, which has all the printing parameters, can also be re-copied back into the new directory.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.