Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Program Alerts

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Maybe I'm just crabby, but WHY is there a yellow-banner alert in ProSeries for this?  It seems like the program is already giving error, so tax preparers know that something is wrong.  And it seemingly only affects a fairly small number of taxpayers (taxpayers under age 18 in this one state).

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/ty20-california-indivi...

In the meanwhile, there has been no "alerts" to let us know the calculation of the Kiddie Tax is screwed up.  Or that IRAs are screwed up in Basic.  Or to notify of us of any of the other problems that are around.

Who decides these things, and WHY do they bother us with some things and completely leave us in the dark about more important things (like calculation errors)?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback on In-Product alerts @TaxGuyBill, I will make sure that we get this back to the team. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Of course you're crabby, we are all crabby by now (ok, I'm not crabby, but I did want to make you feel better).  But I do agree with you, why post an alert that has such a limited audience?  Evidently someone told the Alert Team that they needed to do more alerts so they hurried up and got that one out.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  - just out of curiosity, which team is getting that feedback?  We have kinda lost track of how many teams Intuit has out on the playing field these days.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Why ?  Because it makes it *appear* they care.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Right there with you crabby. This season is a mess and Intuit is not making it any easier.

sjrcpa
Level 15

This one, posted here, was real important, too, judging by the number of Maine questions we get.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/maine-taxable-income/0...

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everybody lighten up.  At least you don't have to spend time in the Intuit lounge for your coffee break.38244c53f083a6c0220fe4133b6f9dcb.jpg

Slava Ukraini!