Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois MFS for injured spouse

Bert0611
Level 3

Taxpayer files federal injured spouse.  In Illinois an injured spouse must file MFS.  ProSeries Pro will not allow an efile for MFS with an injured spouse.  I have never had to mail an MFS/injured spouse return before.  

Is there a step I am missing so I can get this return efiled

All help welcome.

Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Will refund be attached to some prior debt without injured spouse?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Can IL be Efiled after Federal, or can it be Efiled later. (we can do that in WI, don't know about IL) I have filed MFJ federal, then filed MFS at a later time. You file federal by itself, then you create two returns MFS, and only Efile to state. 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Im almost positive its efile separate @Terry53029 

I was going to suggest attaching the Injured Spouse as a PDF and then efile it as ProSeries does not support that form. I have NEVER filed that form in my career in Illinois. Quite frankly I didnt even know that form existed. 

0 Cheers
Bert0611
Level 3

Thanks Garman...Yes refund may be attached due to an outstanding student loan debt.

And thanks to others who have responded.  I will efile the federal and then after acceptance will efile Illinois.