Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I attached two IRS Forms 8453 as 1 attachment to an e-filed return? I have two different dependents being released by the custodial parent.

gregmize
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

Do you mean form 8332?  Form 8453 is if you are mailing the return in.  I attach them as two separate attachments. 

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
TAXOH
Level 11

Do you mean form 8332?  Form 8453 is if you are mailing the return in.  I attach them as two separate attachments. 

Maxine
Level 4
I was not aware that we could attach the 8332's as pdfs.  That would definitely save time and postage.  Is it comparable to attaching the 1099 info forms for schedule D?  With those there is a box to check that you are attaching forms?
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Yes, when you add them as attachments 8332 is one of the selections. There is no separate  box on the 1040 though that would need checked.
Maxine
Level 4
So you just ignore the 8453 that generates with the return when selecting form 8332?
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
I attach the 8332 as a PDF because it has the signature on it.  The way I am talking about an 8453 wouldn't be generated.
Maxine
Level 4
Hmmm, maybe it is because I usually generate the 8332 from the non-custodial parents return, they get the signature and return to me.  And I always have a generated 8453.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Maxine   - when can I expect my Girl Scout cookies to arrive?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Maxine
Level 4
I tell you IRonMaN, you must have the nose of a bloodhound.  My little girl scout dropped off a case on Thursday.  Haven't opened it yet as I'm trying to fight off a bug that another client so willing shared with me last week. Popping vitamin C every couple of hours hoping for the best.  Will wait to open cookies until I can really enjoy the expensive little devils.
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Hope you feel better soon Maxine and can enjoy those cookies.
Maxine
Level 4
Thank you
0 Cheers
taxlady2008
Level 3

How do you even attach it?  I have a scanned PDF on my computer but how do I scan it into Lecerte?  I didn't know you could upload and the 1099 information for Sch D via efile.  That is a game changer.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, but you are asking a gaggle of ProSeries users a Lacerte question.  You might be better off creating a new post for that question.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers