Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I found a bug on Form 8812, Additional Child Tax Credit--Year 2020

charles
Level 3

The purposes of this post is to get someone from ProSeries to take a look.  On the Form 8812 when the box is checked to use 2019 earned income.  I think that amount should populate Box 6a, Earned Income.  Right now that it not happening.  This is an easy fix.

In addition, I would note that you cannot elect to use the 2019 earned income for EIC WITHOUT electing it for Form 8812.  Currently the software allows this impermissible condition to occur.  There is only one election that applies in two places.

Good luck with this tax season!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Thats a new thing for 2020 so I would imagine it will take some time to get it fully functioning.

We'll been seeing many more program updates before IRS opens for Efiling, plenty of time.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  is anyone making notes for things like this, and passing them onto the proper department, just to be sure therye not overlooked?

charles
Level 3

Wasn't worried at all.  Can you add this bug to a list somewhere that somebody is maintaining?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I tagged an employee, Im not sure whos keeping track of the bug counter.

BobKamman
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

Just a reminder for those who are waiting to e-file:  Many of the forms are now final if you want to print out a return and mail it to IRS.  In the past this has resulted in refunds being issued before e-filing opened.  I mean, they need something to practice with, right?  (Your results may vary, especially this year.)  

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

@IntuitAustin  is anyone making notes for things like this, and passing them onto the proper department, just to be sure therye not overlooked?

Whenever bugs like these are reported, we make sure to get them in front of the right teams. I'll send this one over to our development team. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
MDAROSA1
Level 3

This is a big issue and very embarrassing when a client knows it and we do not catch it. will be fixed any time soon? The software should make this as an error like the recovery rebate credit.

0 Cheers