Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent PDF files to my computer c:\propdf and cannot find them

Boo-Boo
Level 2

When I printed PDF files in the past they were saved in c:\pro.pdf now nothing??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

If they really aren't there, try doing a file search on your computer to see where they went.

Slava Ukraini!
Boo-Boo
Level 2

I did and nowhere??

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you click the box to Display after save....does the PDF display?  Maybe we can narrow down whether its creating a PDF at all

dispalyaftersave.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Boo-Boo
Level 2

Yes i did and it printed and displayed after Just cannot locate the file after on mt PC?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The ProPDF folder should have sub folders beneath it for each tax year.  It wont be in the root directory of ProPDF.   

When I save to PDF it pops up a print log that shows me where it went to like below...do you get that?  Or maybe you need to double check in Tools> Directories and see what the default folder for PDFs is showing.

propdf.png

Boo-Boo
Level 2

Yes I got that exact message and when I went t retrieve them The files were not found.

Always worked in the past and I have many files in that folder that were sent earlier.

This is something new.

Tried shutting down,restarting, and nothing.

Thx for your help.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Very weird, mine all showed up in the right place.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You said you printed them in the past.  Out of curiosity, what happens if you print one now?  Does it go to the correct spot or does it disappear into a black hole?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Boo-Boo
Level 2

I get the message that it has printed to PDF file TY2019 but it appears nowhere

Thx

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Can you try doing a file search on your computer search feature to see if you can find the new file that was created?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Boo-Boo
Level 2

Did That and nothing found

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not sure what to tell you.  I don't know if you have a ton of stuff on your computer or not, but if it was me I would probably spend a little time manually searching the computer by opening up every file showing up on my file explorer to see if I could find where Waldo is hiding.  Unless @Orlando   can offer some divine guidance.  I saw he was floating around here today.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

When it displays, what path does it have in the address bar (see highlighted below)? While you have it open in the preview, do you see the file in file explorer in that location?  Can you try right clicking in the PDF Viewer, choose "Save As" and save to desktop? Do you see it there?

2021-01-13_14-12-22.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

Orlando - thanks for checking in 👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Boo-Boo
Level 2

Yes thx I was able to save to desktop.

0 Cheers