Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a message re: proseries backup data files on a cloud - Is this valid?

chaplickcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

A message how, where, from whom/what?

If you're using regular Proseries it does not automatically backup anywhere on its own, you'd have to have a 3rd party cloud backup of some kind doing this for you (i.e. Carbonite, etc)

If youre using the Hosted version of ProSeries, this could be a valid message, but Im not familiar with its layout or options,

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
chaplickcpa
Level 1

For the past 3 weeks it would appear of my screen every time I turned my computer on!!!!

Today I hit "more info" and it disappeared, but now when I go into proseries this message appears

Part of the  message is below:

Quick Tip

Hosting Cloud save 50%  first 3 months (offer expires 10/31/20) ?????????????..............

Business Consultants                                                                Powered by

This calendly URL is not valid.                                                  Calendly

If you are the owner you can log in

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Interesting.  Im not sure what to make of it, Im not seeing any solicitation for this when I start up or open the program.

Have you renewed ProSeries for 2021 yet? or are you on auto renewal?  If not, this is probably why you're seeing it, they want to lock you into something for 2021.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers