Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error code saying: Unable to write to disk, please us a different disk.

jfmcpany
Level 1

When I try to save, I get an error saying: Unable to write to disk, please us a different disk.  I know my HD is good and I tested saving Word Docs, etc.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you on a stand alone system or networked?

If you choose Save As, is it opening the harddrive folder that you want or some other drive?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jfmcpany
Level 1

Hi Lisa,

I'm a stand alone.  It's opening the correct folder.

0 Cheers
jfmcpany
Level 1

In other words, it's opening in the correct area where all my other returns are.

0 Cheers
jfmcpany
Level 1

Never saw this before and I checked 2018 and the same thing is happening there.  I prepared a few returns in the last few days and did not have any trouble.  Just started

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird!     Have you restarted the computer since the issue began?    

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MarfaMBS
Level 1

I had the same thing happen to me on 2/12/20 and called tech support and she walked me through how to fix this issue and it was fixed UNTIL Today 2/18/20. Now the error message is back and now I am on hold for someone to help again! I want someone to walk me through it again, so this time I will write it all down just in case it happens again. 

0 Cheers