Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received e-file acknowledgement from IRS after 48hours

Muffinman2020
Level 3

I have a client who I e-filed his 2019 tax return two days ago, but I still did not receive the e-file acknowledgement from IRS. Actually, his tax return was rejected first time due to the code, F1040-071-05. This client is working overseas and claiming Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, so he was able to get back all his tax withheld. Because he was my prior client and the tax return was almost the same as last year and it was also never rejected for past years, I just re-transmitted his tax return without correcting anything. Since then, I have still not received any response back from the IRS. Every time when I click "Update EF status" for this client, it just shows "Return Sent to the IRS" and it has been 2 days. I just want to get IRS's response even if the tax return got rejected again.

PS: I had no problem e-filing other clients' 2019 tax returns. They are all accepted by IRS without any error. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Whats does that reject code mean?  Did you print out the full rejection code explanation?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it is shown sent to the IRS, that is a bit odd that it is still in limbo.  I don't think anybody can help you with that other than support...………….. unfortunately.  

Slava Ukraini!
Happy-Tax
Level 5

You can call the IRS eHelp Desk at 1-866-255-0654. These people actually answer their phone and actually will help with specific efiling glitches such as what you've described.

Jcortazarm
Level 1

I have the same problem with a client. Not rejected not accepted. Just sent to IRS and not acknowledgment notification, 48 hours. What can we do?

0 Cheers