Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Code I in box 14 of a Trust K-1. Error message says no section 199A income has been entered on Statement A. Any suggestions? Thank you.

pg47
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

See the button right below Line 14 that says 199A info?  Did you click that and enter the Sch A info?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

See the button right below Line 14 that says 199A info?  Did you click that and enter the Sch A info?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
RollTide68
Level 8

If they did not provide you with the Statement associated with the Sect 199A income you will need to contact the return preparer for it.

pg47
Level 3

Entering the I turned red right away. I went to the box below to enter the info and it just said I needed some income in Statement A. All I have is a negative number, so no income to put there. Does that make sense?

0 Cheers
pg47
Level 3

Thank you.

0 Cheers
pg47
Level 3

Just needed some more entries on Statement A. All figured out. Thank you.

pg47
Level 3

Got all the entries in and it worked out. Thank you for your help.

taxguyak
Level 3

I have the same problem.  I entered REIT dividends on line L2  of the 199A info and I still get the "Box 14 code I has been selected  but no section 199A income has been entered on Statement A" diagnostic.

0 Cheers
Kitomom
Level 1

Same problem. Two hours on phone with TurboTax help and they finally just told me to cheat- to enter Z instead of I. Well this works but is not truth… and denies me a significant QBI deduction!  I am stuck and cannot file. Error message tells me to enter income data for section 199A on schedule A …which I have done now countless times with and without TurboTax supervision. Final solution from them was for me use code Z instead of I which makes me lie and lose money too. 

0 Cheers
Kitomom
Level 1

I have same problem. How did you resolve?.. mine is QBI not REIT , but same error message.

0 Cheers
Kitomom
Level 1

How did you exactly fix this? Two hours on phone last night with TurboTax help ended with them telling me to enter a instead of I….which is not only a lie but costs me my deduction. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

This forum is for users of ProSeries Tax software.

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Ex-AllStar