Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i efiled a 1040 for TY 2019 on 6/23 at 8;30am EST

sammy
Level 3

i efiled a 1040 for TY 2019 on 6/23 at 8;30am EST. The only statement showing is "return sent to IRS".

no acknowledgment or acceptance from back from the IRS. It usually takes 1/2 hour for FORM 9325 to come back. But, not this time and intuit doesn't have an answer.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
shoover
Level 3

I also file a return (on 6/22/2020 at 7:00 PM) and I am receiving the same message for the federal return and "return received by Intuit" for the state return. No acknowledgement.

What is the problem Intuit?

mdtao31
Level 7

i did the same thing and no acknowledges from irs

What gives INTUTIT??????????

irv68
Level 3

I have a return that was filed on 6/22 in the morning. Federal return sent to IRS and state is Return received by Intuit.  Usually it is done in less than an hour

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you see the program alert yesterday?  Apparently they are having some issues (returns are getting weird Failed Schema rejections), rather than rejecting all these returns, and having people try and send them back through again, they are just holding them until it can be remedied.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sammy
Level 3

oh! no..i did not see the alert

hmmm!!

0 Cheers
irv68
Level 3

Thanks for the update.  Do you know if there is a time estimate when this might be resolved. So they are holding both Federal and State

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

State won't get sent until the Fed gets accepted, if Fed rejects, state will reject along with it.

I have not seen any time frame given for this issue.

JR619
Level 2

I've got three returns in this status ("sent to the IRS") - one is coming up on 48 hours. I saw the alert about efile error ("X0000-005 This return was not e-filed due to a timing issue"), but this doesn't seem to apply to me. The IRS MeF Operational Status page says "operational" and another preparer I'm talking with that uses ProSeries says their returns are being acknowledged. My EFIN & PTIN check of returns filed is consistent with what I've submitted so I don't think the IRS is blocking my filing. IF the IRS is having an issue and holding returns, sure would be nice for them to state this on the MeF Status Page and for ProSeries to send out an Alert about delayed Acks.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I "think" the IRS is holding those with the problem, rather than rejecting them (since people would just turn around and resubmit only to have them rejected again) until they fix the issue, then they will reject and the returns can be resubmitted without rejection.

I filed 3 returns on Monday, all accepted, 2 returns yesterday afternoon and only 1 got accepted, the other is stuck at IRS...so its not all returns that have an issue.

shoover
Level 3

Thank you for the reply. This at least lets me know that I am not the only one having the problem.

If there is a reason for the return to be rejected, then I wish the IRS would give me the reason. Then I could at least contact the client and get the correct information and change the return.

0 Cheers