Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not understand this error. On UBIA of qualified property. Error -Total amount is larger then allocated to all k-1s.

preda-taxes
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chantelsoutham
Level 3

Evan, I don't have this error anymore. So they had to have fixed it.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
woodstock
Level 1

I don't understand this either. And there is a solution page but it too does not make sense.

chantelsoutham
Level 3

I have this same error and also don't understand what is causing it. I don't see the answer on this page either.

Global1
Level 2

I hope proseries update solution to this error A.S.A.P.   I am getting same error.

0 Cheers
EvanM
Level 2

Im having the same problem with my 1120 S File .

This occurs When inputting the K1's from a Partnership form and have taken and entered:
    Ordinary Bus Income  $89,
                          w2 wage $216  
                            UBIA of $380.
Then on the ! - 199A Sum Wks Page it shows
             UBIA highlighted in red of this $380 amount . 
Error: 199A Sum Wks - UBIA - The Total Amount is Larger than the amount allocated to all Schedule K-1s. Review the K-1 Statement A to ensure that the combined K-1 Amounts for this item are increased by $380.

In addition to this problem, there is Nowhere to Enter this amount  on the Intuit 1040 Form
K-1  for S Corps, the Quick Zoom (17V) Worksheet for QIB takes you somewhere to an Basis for Energy Property and there is No way to enter this information on the 1040. 

0 Cheers
kst843
Level 3

I believe this is a new error that ProSeries needs to fix. If you go to the 199A Statement Summary, just copy the UBIA from there to the Shareholder K-1 manually. This used to be automatically calculated though. I hope they come out with a fix. 

0 Cheers
chantelsoutham
Level 3

Evan, I too had trouble finding where to put the QBI info from a K-1 on the 1040. Normally, when you put the code from box 17 and usually you use the quickzoom. It's not there. So you if you just keep going down on the K-1 entry page, you'll see where to enter that info. Hope this helps! 

0 Cheers
EvanM
Level 2

Chantel, 

Thank You. That helps. but im worried that if INUIT does not fix the problem on the 1120S K1 / 199A. Then this won't flow to the IRS and it might cause problems/flags later. Is there any other way to contact Intuit to fix this other than this message board ?

I tried calling but it was over an hour wait and then it disconnected me 35 min into the call. 

0 Cheers
chantelsoutham
Level 3

Evan, I don't have this error anymore. So they had to have fixed it.

0 Cheers
EvanM
Level 2

I am still getting the same Error 😞 

No Fix / Update was provided today. 

EvanM
Level 2

It was reported that they issued a Fix, but i dont see this as of yet.

Have you noticed a fix for this as of yet ?

0 Cheers