Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I completed the S Corp Worksheet correctly yet ProSeries is NOT calculating QBI

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

I have completed the S Corp worksheet correctly, but the QBI calculations are NOT working at all. I have zero QBI on line 10 for Form 1040. Taxpayer makes $190,000 so they are qualified for the deduction. Is the program not calculating QBI in the most recent software update? All areas of the S Corp worksheet are filled in correctly (I've used ProSeries for 25 years)>

Anyone else experiencing this with S Corp clients? (It looks like QBI is working for Schedule C clients)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RollTide68
Level 8

I posted about this last week.  Experiencing the same issue trying to do my own 1120S and K-1.  Importing the K-1 to my personal return and nothing in Section 199A information amount on line 17 code "V"

Last year it took them a while to get it working correctly if I remember right.  Not sure how long it will take them this year.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you input the information from a K-1 or did you import the K-1?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

I tried both ways. It's broke. Working for you?

0 Cheers
RollTide68
Level 8

I posted about this last week.  Experiencing the same issue trying to do my own 1120S and K-1.  Importing the K-1 to my personal return and nothing in Section 199A information amount on line 17 code "V"

Last year it took them a while to get it working correctly if I remember right.  Not sure how long it will take them this year.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't tried it yet, but I was hoping something just got messed up if you imported the data.  Sounds like it could be another long tax season 😞

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

This was marked as "solved". Does this mean you have it working? 

Ok, I am going to assume you are working directly from ProSeries Professional. The K-1 has changed. You must manually enter income/wages/UBIA further down the K-1. It is now in section D-1. Once you enter it there (assuming all other qualifications), your QBI will calculate. 

dsocpa
Level 5

Yes, still an issue.  Haven't tried with any schedule C clients.  There is also no code or entry point from box 17 for UBIA

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

It's not working.  The form 8995A is flagged as not ready to file.  The status as of now is a 2/20/2020 EF  ready date.  I guess the choices are 

1. Wait

2. Override

3. File paper

0 Cheers
AndreaSReich
Level 1

In Lacerte if you re-export the K-1 from a Partnership or S-Corp after you have previously done an export the software does not always remove all items that no longer apply.  I was having problem figuring out why my QBI income was approx. $180K less than income on K-1.  Turns out when I changed from Sec 179 to Bonus depreciation Lacerte still had the Sec 179 in the K-1 screen Line 17.  I needed to either delete the erroneous Sec 179 OR delete the whole K-1 and re-export from the 1120S.  Worked like a charm.  Right QBI income.

0 Cheers