Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I completed an explanation statement for form 5329. i want to make a change but can't locate it, how do i find the explanation statement i used?

ACCTGBIZ
Level 1
The diagnostic advised i needed to complete an explanation statement.  i did, but now want to make some changes to the sentences i included.  how do i locate that explanation statement for exception to penalty.  i do not see a radio button on line 2, exception to penalty on form 5329 that takes you to it.
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The only explanation Ive ever seen on the 5329 is the waiver right below Line 52...but thats for when someone forgets to take an RMD, I dont think Line 2 is involved with that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Try printing a preview of the return, and look at title of explanation statement. Then click on where do I enter (put that title). Hope that works for you. What letter did you use for the exception. Another thought you may have clicked on the letter icon next to the amount of the exception, so try clicking on that icon

0 Cheers