Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open any Form 1041s, it says calculating and then freezes. How do I open Form 1041?

david3
Level 7
I saw this question posted but there was no answer. What do I need to do to open Form 1041s?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-1041-clients-won-t-open/...

here is my original post...begging for help.. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You'll probably need to uninstall and reinstall the 1041 module. 

You wont lose any  of your client data files.

Close ProSeries, and go to Windows Add/Remove Programs.

Find ProWin 2019 and choose Uninstall.   It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont.  A new window will open with choices of what to uninstall, choose 1041.

Once youve uninstalled it, restart the computer, then start Proseries back up.  Go to Updates > Select New Products and make sure the 1041 is checked, hit Next and reinstall.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Thanks, Lisa.

I have a network setup for PS - server, desktop and laptop. I am working remotely on PS. Do I only need to do this on the server from Remote Desktop? Or so I need to do this on all three devices?

Since this is a network setup that my IT guy set up, will I be able to follow your instructions from Remote Desktop or do I need my IT guy to do this?

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i had the same situation... and the kind folks here walked me thru it back in feb... You only need to uninstall and then re- download on the Server...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
david3
Level 7

Thanks for your help with this.

Okay, I'll try it from RemoteDesktop and check the "Accept as Solution" button.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-1041-clients-won-t-open/...

here is my original post...begging for help.. 

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Thanks, Lisa and dd4vols. That worked