Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM USING CHANGE ACTIVITY OPTION TO CHANGE ASSET ENTRY TO SCH E FROM SCH A , WHY NO CHANGE

sjsg
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

You are understanding just fine.... I think program isn't working.    I tried to change from E to A - it wouldnt work.   I can change from on E to another E.  Also from C to F.    I think the problem lies within Sch A being involved.  

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Might be a bug in the system or might be because the TCJA eliminated Form2106 deduction on Sched A.       You can go to F2106 Asset entry and add an asset.   So you truly want it there pbly will need to delete from E and add to A.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

why no change in "what" ?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjsg
Level 2

Originally entered asset on Sch A in error, tried to change to Sch E. Program did not change asset to Sch E.  I may not understand what change activity means.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

You are understanding just fine.... I think program isn't working.    I tried to change from E to A - it wouldnt work.   I can change from on E to another E.  Also from C to F.    I think the problem lies within Sch A being involved.  

Annabelle
Level 2

where do i find the "change activity option"?

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

What former rental asset belongs on a Schedule A? There are no Misc. deductions any more.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have the Asset Entry worksheet open then go to Forms and its in that drop down menu

changeactivity.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers