Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate my ProSeries Fast Path license? I get an error message!

deke127
Level 1

I am new to ProSeries this year.  I have an active account and active EFIN but no Fast Path license.  How do I get it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

You have to send Intuit money 🙂

Have you purchased Fast Path and just can't get it to work?

I've heard it suggested you "re-license" the program...but I'm not a PS user.  Someone should stop by that is, to give you better guidance.  Perhaps post the exact error message for them to help troubleshoot.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

You have to send Intuit money 🙂

Have you purchased Fast Path and just can't get it to work?

I've heard it suggested you "re-license" the program...but I'm not a PS user.  Someone should stop by that is, to give you better guidance.  Perhaps post the exact error message for them to help troubleshoot.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
deke127
Level 1
I am a new customer and purchased ProSeries Professional 2017 software for this Tax Year 2017.  I don't recall the person who converted my tax data to ProSeries or my ProSeries initial contacts mentioning Fast Path.  Is this an additional cost in addition to ProSeries Professional 2017?
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Oh yes....It's Intuit's revenue raising maneuver from a couple of years ago.  But, I can't imagine they'd sell you the program without it.  Sorry I can't be more help; we need a PS user to pop in.  And, unfortunately, none of the moderators seem to be around right now.
@Ashley aka Henry Jr. ?  @IntuitRichard ?
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15
@IRonMaN @Just Lisa Now!  -  do you guys have any ideas?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Click on "tools" > "license products"

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Fast Path is built into the price you pay (you cant buy the program without the fast path fee) so if you paid for the program you paid the fast path fee.

As IRonMan said   Tools > License Products is the only way I know of to fix this on your own.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rbynaker
Level 13
abctax55 has it right.  This is a "service" that Intuit added a few years ago that must be renewed every year if you want to efile or print returns.  It's in addition to the cost of the software.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
you cant buy the software without it though.

rbynaker
Level 13
While I agree that should be the case, I have no way of knowing what may or may not have been sold to Deke by Intuit. 🙂  Licensing will probably fix the problem but I wouldn't be shocked to find out that someone at Intuit forgot to include the Fast Path Fee on the invoice.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
sooo many people have asked "how can I not pay the fast path fee" I think if it was an option, we'd have heard about it!

IRonMaN
Level 15
I talked to Jenny in customer services.  She told me that they would waive the fast path fee for me if I could keep my "not helpful" votes down to 50 or less per day through February 15th.  I just noticed that the fee was added to my credit card last week. :cry::cry:

Slava Ukraini!
mojocpa
Level 7
Welcome to the Intuit way!
Joepaez
Level 1

QUESTION REGARDING PROSERIES PROFESSIONAL FAST PATH SERVICE LICENSE FEE FOR FAST PATH SERVICE LICENSE.  WHAT IS THIS CHARGE FOR AND IS IT NECESSARY .  PLEASE ADVISE 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's the keys to the car. Yes it's necessary. You can't use the software without paying this annual license fee.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

"...IS IT NECESSARY"

Only if you want to use the software....

( Generic Comment )"