Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Humor involving an Unemployment fraudulent claim

dkh
Level 15

I know that sounds like an oxymoron but the client, the state agent, and I had a good laugh.   So...client comes in with 1099G from neighboring state with $1900+ unemployment benefits reported.  We called that states 800 fraud number.  Had an absolutely wonder agent assist us who was kind enough to share the information used to file the claim.   My client 60+ female: the fraudulent claimant reported job as actor/producer with 3 children all born on exact same day in the last three years.     We even know the names used for the children.  The names were ridiculous.     We laughed at the possibilities of what type of movies she would acting/producing that she had 3 children in 3 years.......🤣🤣🤣

Hope this made you smile.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Three children all born on the same day of the month three years in a row?  Now that is family planning taken to the highest level.

Slava Ukraini!
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Thanks for the laugh. Humor is always a welcome relief.

PATAX
Level 15

I wonder what the probability is of the fraudster also gaming the eitc? Just my opinion

0 Cheers