Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to you delete a Custom View in Homebase, ProSeries 2020?

Eliz
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hit the X then dont forget to Save at the bottom of the window

deletecustomview.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Eliz
Level 1

Hitting the X and saving does not remove the custom view.  The view (unwanted) is still there as a sub view of Individual.  The view is also added to the bottom of the list as an additional view when I try to edit the view.  I have 5 unwanted views now cluttering my program.  The 3 at the bottom of the list (not sub views) do not show up in the Add/Edit Custom View window.  None of the views are useful to me.

0 Cheers
bbowie505
Level 3

I am having the same issue. I now have 3 unwanted homebase views that I cannot get rid of either. It's so frustrating.

0 Cheers
Eliz
Level 1

I successfully removed the unwanted Homebase views by importing a custom view export. A workaround is to install ProSeries on another computer, such as a laptop, create a custom view export.  Import that custom view to ProSeries on your current computer.

Note to all: create a custom view backup and/or export before messing around with custom views.

0 Cheers
bbowie505
Level 3

Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely try it.  And, I'll definitely make a backup before I do. 🙂

0 Cheers
Ghanger
Level 1

If you have created a alternative view you can delete it as follows:

1) Go to HomeBase

2) Select "Delete View" This option only appears when an alternative view has been created.

3) Press the Delete button.

Logically it may not appear if you are in the alternative view you wish to delete.  Not sure, but I got out before attempting to delete it.  Worked for me.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

I only have Two "Custom View's".

Can't get rid of them.

Fixed.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

to get here you need to Select the "Sprocket" "Wheel" above the Numbers column on the Left Margins.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Select the Sprocket in HomeBase View (above the client number on the left of screen), that should pop open the Manage custom views box with  Add/Edit Custom views

hit the X next to the view you want removed, select save at bottom of screen

I just did this and it worked for me.