Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print a diagnostic message

PATAX
Level 15

Does anyone know if it is possible to print a diagnostic message this year? Thank you in advance...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah it's actually when you hit review button... Not technically an error, but something that is informative that sometimes we should print... I don't think we can print it , Unless we do the print screen option which I'm not sure even works anymore...

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Are you referring to message of what's wrong in the return when you do "Error" check ? 

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah it's actually when you hit review button... Not technically an error, but something that is informative that sometimes we should print... I don't think we can print it , Unless we do the print screen option which I'm not sure even works anymore...

dynette reese
Level 2

How to Print Diagnostics:

If you go into the Printing options (File>Print Options>Global Print Option) under Global Print Options> Print with Return> Select Diagnostic to print with either your filing , client, or preparer copy.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Better late than never?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Because we are preparing 2021 tax returns, I guess our brains are wired to think 2021 is the current year 

IRonMaN
Level 15

My brain is wired to think that 1999 is the current year ---------------- must be the anvils talking.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

👍Thanks Dynette...