Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post-date California return payment past 4/15

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Client has a balance on CA return and would like to pay in May. 

The due date for CA has been extended to May 17, in line with the federal due date. 

However, when I try to set the payment for May 16, program says the payment date must be between today's date and "the due date of April 15." So it seems as if the CA due date has not been updated in the program.

Will this be changed at some point? or is there something I am missing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you turn off the error checking at conversion, you can Efile with the later date...CA accepts it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

IF they want to pay in May - Print out the voucher and let them mail a check. At this point the goal for me is whatever I have to do to get that file off my desk and out of the office.

(Of course I have never had a Client want to give the IRS or State access to their bank account, voluntarily, so none of this is an issue to my clients.)

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im sure it will be updated before the 4/15 due date, but "when"...nobody knows.

All my clients have been happy to pay by the April due date, it's due soon, may as well pay it.  But if they dont want to pay by 4/15, their choices are either  payment voucher they can mail, OR they (or even you) can go to the FTB Webpay website and schedule it there, CA makes it super easy to take your money!

ejdtaxman
Level 7

client is in China and won't be back by then, so not an option. 

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

yeah, I had considered this, just don't want to set up a situation where I can forget to make the payment and client gets screwed. 

I think will just wait till May to file the return. 

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Intuit had posted this was updated for CA and other states, but I am having the same issue for CA only. I guess I'm not the only one. Very frustrating!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you turn off the error checking at conversion, you can Efile with the later date...CA accepts it.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

THANK YOU!!! 

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

How do you turn off error checking?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
When you go to Convert for Efiling, that window has a box at the bottom for error checking, you need to uncheck it

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Ah, thank you!

0 Cheers