Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter CTEC credentials so I can get credit for CE webinars

melaniesf
Level 2

I have a CPE certificate for a ProSeries webinar from April 2020, but the credits don't show on up on my California CTEC account. How to correct this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Can you not manually enter the CE on your account? In Tennessee, the state society sponsored courses automatically download to a CPE accumulator, but those courses that are not state society sponsored, we have to manually input the date, course name, type, hrs, etc. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If its a "CPE" certificate I dont think those count for us CTEC's, I think we can only get credit for CE's, not CPE's.     Did it ask for your CTEC number when you registered for the class? 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
melaniesf
Level 2

This Intuit course provided a certificate of completion showing it qualified for both 2 CPE and also 2 CE credits.

I took it back in April and don't recall whether my CTEC number was requested. I'm unable to find how to give my CTEC info to Intuit on my account page - it has my PTIN. So I'm searching for an input screen for credentials, not having luck.

0 Cheers
melaniesf
Level 2

In California, we can't edit the state's website that reflects education credits - only the accredited education providers can supply that. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You may have to call CTEC and ask them how to get the credit for the certificate you have....as far as I know the course provider is suppose to forward it to CTEC, we cant do it ourselves.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

Lord knows that if you sat thru an Intuit course you DEFINITELY deserve credit for it... and maybe even compensation.  I made that mistake once.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.