Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to e-file 1120 after extension? I filed extension and it was accepted by IRS back in April 2021. Now need to file 1120. But ProSeries says there's not return to file?

shanlucpa
Level 1
I created the return in April 2021 and filed extension. EF Status = Accepted. I just modified the file today wanting to get it e-signed. But got error message "none of the returns for the selected client are eligible for e-signature".  Do I need to create a new return profile for this client?
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

could have something to do with being past the extended filing date of September 15.   I don't use E-Sig.. ...my redneck clients here  in west Tennessee skeered of them dang puters!!!!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dkh
Level 15

@dd4vols wrote:

could have something to do with being past the extended filing date of September 15.   I don't use E-Sig.. ...my redneck clients here  in west Tennessee skeered of them dang puters!!!!

LAUGHING.png

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Could you have accidently filed the actual return back in April, instead of just an extension? You wouldn't create a new file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Does this return show in the EF Center Pending tab ?  It should if only the extension was sent in April.  If it does not then you inadvertently efiled the return.