Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you enter a corrected W2 in Proseries?

JWM
Level 3

I have a w2 and two corrected W2s (!) from same employer. How to properly enter these three documents in ProSeries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Just enter it all as one W2 with the correct information on it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youd want to enter the most recently corrected W2 information....since you have 2 corrected ones, a call to the employer to decide which is the most current might be in order.

JWM
Level 3

Thank you ... my question is a purely technical one. Each correction changed something else; only the items that changed are reflected on the corrected W2. I know what the "entire" picture looks like.  

My question is .... do I enter all W2s as a single W2 and check the box that it is a corrected W2, or do I need to enter all three documents separately. I am pretty sure the first can be the only correct answer, but I see nowhere in ProSeries help documentation that this is the case, or whether there may be other steps.

Also, the latest W2c provided the OK state employer number, left off the previous correction and the original. There is a "?" in the employer number(!) This is surely an error, right? I am waiting for a reply from the wage accountant .... but I'd love someone to confirm this ....

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Just enter it all as one W2 with the correct information on it.

dkh
Level 15

Looks like an opportunity to take on a new client if you do payrolls and W2s.