Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change Proseries default browser from "e" to something reliable?

Firehead
Level 2

How does one change the default browser in Proseries from "e" to one that is reliable? Even Microsoft doesn't support "e" anymore. Remember, they have "Edge" now. Come on Intuit - get with the program!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can't change the default browser for ProSeries.  I rarely even notice what browser PS uses...what are you doing in the program that opens a browser window?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

all my 'Alerts' open in 'e'... get script errors often..

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thats the only time I notice is the alerts and they almost always have script errors!

dkh
Level 15

@Firehead  - I've wondered the same thing - thanks for asking.   Maybe someone from Intuit will read this and respond - hello AshleyatIntuit?.    I get frustrated trying to read Alerts with script errors always popping up. 

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

So while ProSeries uses Internet Explorer (IE) in the background to run certain functionality, here is a Microsoft article on troubleshooting script errors.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/308260/how-to-troubleshoot-script-errors-in-internet-explor...

Common interference like AV or other 3rd party applications can cause this, you can try temp disabling AV the next time you go to read one of the alerts, or excluding proseries and/or adding to trusted sites to see if that changes your experience.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
or copy and paste the alert address from the IE address bar and open it in a different browser.