Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I override the error for filing the 7004 since it won't file after the April 15 deadline?

Kafe50
Level 1
The information worksheet shows an error when I attempt to file the corporate extension. It says it cannot be electronically filed since it is after the due date of April 15.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can’t override it

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Unless you have a fiscal year Corp (and have the wrong year-end entered..) there's nothing to "override" .  The return is late (unless maybe you are in a disaster area).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Jinx...

( Generic Comment )"
Kafe50
Level 1

How can it be late if the season was extended until May 17th?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Wrong season.  Individuals were extended until May 17th.  Business return due dates did not change.  You better hurry up and get that return filed.  

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

It ='s individuals only.

NOTHING else was extended.

As a tax pro, you should sign up for the free IRS accouncement/alerts so as to not be caught unaware of these moving targets.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff - *did* they extend businesses last year.  I vaguely remember the announcement came out the day after corps were due.  But (even tho I have been avoiding anvils), my memory isn't what it used to be <w>

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

The announcement came out right after the March 15th due date.  I thought everything due April 15th got pushed back --------------------- but it could just be the anvils talking.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Don't remember specifically either.  And it doesn't matter anyway 🙂   I'm just avoiding starting on one gnarly 'guestimate' for an extension.

( Generic Comment )"