Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i go to EF Atlas?

david3
Level 7

Where will I find EF Atlas? The instructions must be outdated because it doesn't appear in proseries.com Support.

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit doesnt hold files in queue for IRS filing.

The free filing site is probably part of the IRS testing and hers may very well get pulled in prior to 2./12.  Not really many options for you.  I know we all want to do what's best for our clients, but we also have to accept that we can't take on clients personal situations as our problems.. 

This is something they really need to get worked out in the courts, so this scramble to file first doesnt happen each year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think it is gone, but @IntuitBettyJo may be able to correct me. It is now scattered in the "documents" of this community. 

Click Articles at https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuati...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Thanks, George.

I looked through the information in the link before posting my question but I didn't see anything saying how to find EF Atlas.

You would think the instructions would say EF Atlas is no longer available instead of giving old information and causing us to go on a wild goose chase.

Thanks again.

George4Tacks
Level 15

I think community has become the "preferred" resource for all of the software. If you post your question here, you will likely get a volunteer to post the solution. This has gone through a complete redo since Dec 2019. Search is quite buggy. 

I do know you will be able to e-file 1040's by Valentine's Day. 💘

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What is it you're looking for?  Maybe someone can direct you to something more recent....EF Atlas gone as far as I know

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

I was looking for information regarding how tax returns will be held and released for e-filing on 2/12.

I tried to e-file a return hoping Intuit would put it in their queue and release it according to the date received by Intuit. However, I could not e-file the return through PS.

The reason I'm asking is because a client has custody of his child. However, the child's mother is planning to claim the child too. She will probably go to the IRS e-file free website to file her return. The site says taxpayers can begin filing today.

So since the first come first serve will determine who can e-file a return claiming the child, I wanted to see if there was a way to get the return in a queue now so my client's tax return will be e-filed first.

I'm not sure if the IRS free website will have precedence when returns are released for e-filing. The IRS website said that the returns will be held until 2/12 and then be released for e-filing. The site also said other tax software companies are also allowing taxpayers to file now and the return will be released for e-filing on 2/12. I guess PS isn't one of those software companies. Hmmm......

Thanks for your help. 

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

George, thanks for your reply. 

I always feel bad when I have to throw a question out to the Community because I think I should be able to find the answer to my questions somewhere in the PS help resources.

Now I don't feel so bad knowing that the help resources are no longer updated and as helpful as in the past. I was wondering why I can't find answers but others in the Community have the answers.

Thanks.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit doesnt hold files in queue for IRS filing.

The free filing site is probably part of the IRS testing and hers may very well get pulled in prior to 2./12.  Not really many options for you.  I know we all want to do what's best for our clients, but we also have to accept that we can't take on clients personal situations as our problems.. 

This is something they really need to get worked out in the courts, so this scramble to file first doesnt happen each year.

david3
Level 7

Thanks, Lisa.

0 Cheers