Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the Schedule E allocation of mortgage interest to personal use to transfer to Schedule A? It did it in 2018, but is not in 2019.

rick-hunter
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
gary1861
Level 4

My situation shows it going to Schedule A as expected.  It is the Schedule E that isn't populating correctly.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I usually do it manually, but if you input the personal allocation % in the top portion of Sch E, then input the full amount of mortgage interest and real estate taxes on Sch E, it should adjust the Sch E amount and take the personal portion over to Sch A.

schepersonal.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rick-hunter
Level 3

Thank you very much.  I tried it and it wouldn't let me check that box because it's also a vacation rental.  But it turns out that there were fewer than 14 personal days, so it doesn't count as a personal residence.  The previous year had more than 14 personal days, which is why it transferred the allocation to Schedule A that year.