Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HomeBase Tuneup not showing in software

Lofspa94
Level 2

What happened, HomeBase Tuneup is no longer showing in the under the HomeBase drop-down menu?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Database Maintenance is still there...Ive never used the HB Tuneup option...what does it do that Database Maintenance doesn't?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Database Maintenance is still there...Ive never used the HB Tuneup option...what does it do that Database Maintenance doesn't?

Bert
Employee
Employee

ProSeries 2020 is using a new HomeBase technology. This made HomeBase Tune-up obsolete.

RockyG
Level 1

My Homebase is showing 2 client files. When this happened in the past running the tune-up or the reconciliation utility would fix that. The current maintenance utility doesn't do squat.   😞 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I couldn't get mine to work yesterday either, I think therye working on it, hopefully the next update makes it behave similar to last year.

Angie319
Level 2

I'm also having trouble with Homebase.  I have client files in my folder but the Maintenance tool isn't seeing them.  None of the files import into my Homebase!  Very frustrating!!!

Please fix this..

0 Cheers
pamscpa
Level 1

I am also trying to find HomeBase Tune-Up.  I am trying to e-file a tax return and can no longer open the tax file...getting the error message "Unable to read the data.  Exit program and try again".  That didn't work so I am trying to run the recommended "Home Base Tune-up" which doesn't exit.  Please advise...

TracisTax
Level 2

Has anyone found a solution to this issue unfounded data yet? This has happened to my with 5 clients now and I have had to re enter all info from scratch. When I call in im told this has not been a complaint by anyone else.

Maddogcal
Level 2

I am experiencing the same problem.

0 Cheers
Maddogcal
Level 2

Did anyone respond?

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

ProSeries released an update 3/25/21 that should stop the "Unable to Read Data Error code 3"

A Tool is coming to fix those client files already effected.  

0 Cheers
Liz01
Level 1

I received the error code today 3/27/2021. The mentioned 3/25/2021 update clearly did not fix the problem. Is there another update coming within the next day or two? 

Also, is there an estimated date as to when the tool to fix the files already affected will be available?

Thanks

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

The tool to fix them should be Monday.

0 Cheers
Liz01
Level 1

Thank you for the response. I have not seen anything about the tool to fix the affected files. Are there any updates?

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

The tool to fix existing files is located in ProSeries Tools Hub. If you have already installed Tools Hub you will be prompted to update it. 

If you have not already installed it. You can install it from here.

ProSeries Tool Hub: Helping you fix common problem... - Intuit Accountants Community

0 Cheers

I need to use the home base  tuneup and the client maintenance is not doing the same thing any suggestions

0 Cheers