Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebase - Add Columns to Standard/Default View

sabatini
Level 3

I'm trying to determine how to add columns to the standard/default view in HomeBase (I.e., Form 1040: Individual).  I can drag to remove/delete, but can't figure out to add those back, or add new columns.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sabatini
Level 3

Just circling back to see if anyone has an answer for this?  I still haven't figured out how to add fields to the standard/default view.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
Julia_K
Level 1

It kind of sounds like you want to make a "Custom View". A Custom View takes the base original 1040 View and adds or remove columns from it. You can do that by clicking the gear icon in the top left of the homebase grid. 

customview1.PNG

Here's a video: How to Create and Edit a Custom View 

So the answer to your question is: You cannot add to a regular formset view. You must create a custom view. If your formset view is missing columns or you want to reset the view to the way it looked originally just go to the top Homebase -> Reset View

0 Cheers
sabatini
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.  I figured out how to add a custom view, but I didn't realize the default view was so "inflexible".  Seems like a very odd development decision -- you can remove columns, but can't add columns to the default view.  But, I guess that's the way it works.

Thanks again.

ljsmith2
Level 4

I agree. It does not make sense that I cannot add a clients cell phone number to the current default view, but have to create a whole new custom view just so I can see this in my Homebase. Is there a purpose or reasoning for the inflexibility?

Julia_K
Level 1

In the past this was due to accountants creating multiple views for different reasons (e.g one view was used by the info entry person, one view was used to keep track of different statuses). The main view contained the most important day-to-day info and everything else was added as an column that could be added to a custom view.

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4
Thank you for responding, Julia_K
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@sabatini @ljsmith2 check to see if you can change it today after the update... I was able to change it today but it took a while... Just my opinion

0 Cheers