Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Base Locking

jeffrey
Level 5

I am using a network install of ProSeries Pro. When I lock files after efile it shows the lock in the home base view, It does not show the lock in other workstations.

If someone on another computer Locks the client file after efile, then the lock shows on their workstation but not mine. You would think as a network the information presented would be the same. This has caused confusion in the office, as, part of our system required locking once accepted. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Hi,

I'm sorry for the frustration. We've confirmed this is an issue and will work on a fix as soon as possible.

Orlando

0 Cheers
jeffrey
Level 5

Thank you Orlando. I love the Intuit follow up email. Did your reply solve your question? 

Well, no, 

But I do appreciate the answer.

🙂 Trying to keep smiling in a Covid-19 World.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Sure. Just to close the loop on this - we'll have a fix in our update on 3/4 (usually our releases are around 11 am PST)

0 Cheers
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

It's now 3/20 and the issue still exists for us.  Was there a fix in an update?  I've updated and repaired updates and still have clients  locked on one workstation but not on the others.  Using the same data file on our server.  Here's a curiosity: files locked by one user before March 2 are unlocked on other users' workstations.  Files locked after that are locked on all.  We've all updated many times since then. 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I believe the fix was effective going forward - that's why files locked after March 2nd are locked on all. The "locked event" is now propagating across machines.  I believe for files that were locked prior you'd have to open them and then save, or perhaps open / unlock / lock (not sure).  I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustration.

0 Cheers