Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble accessing my software

085nicky
Level 2

when i sign in , the message indicates that i need my administrator to grant me access .

i am the administrator and only user of my product for the last 3 years .

in any event m it will not allow me to indicate an email address so that i can grant me access 

something wrong 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@085nicky wrote:

when i sign in , the message indicates that i need my administrator to grant me access .

in any event m it will not allow me to indicate an email address so that i can grant me access 

something wrong 

I would encourage you to reach out to our ProSeries support team on this one. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for-help/00/4714

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

19 Comments 19
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen others mention this same issue.   If you Right click on the desktop icon for ProSeries and select Run As Administrator, does that do anything different?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

unfortunately it does not help 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like I got that message one time back in November shortly after installing the program and the Run as Administrator fixed it...but Ive seen others mention a similar issue.

@IntuitBettyJo  or @IntuitAustin  any ideas on this?

0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

any other thoughts 

i never had this problem before 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not sure how my answer got marked as a solution, but maybe that can be undone since it did not solve it.

0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

ok i will stay connected for other solutions 

085nicky
Level 2

my issue is not solved .

can someone please help .

the accept solution was not intended 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

nicky, when you log in here  https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/   and look at Manage Users, are you the only name showing? and it shows you as the Account Administrator and gives you Admin Access like this?

administrator.png

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Do you have more than one user on your COMPUTER, or when you first setup computer  the administrator account is established when Windows is first installed or used on the machine. You need to log on as administrator.

085nicky
Level 2

i am confused . if i cannot loin to my product , then how do i check manage users ? 

0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

ok will try that 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@085nicky wrote:

i am confused . if i cannot loin to my product , then how do i check manage users ? 

So you cant log into the your Intuit Online account at all either?  its not just the program? 

You may want to call support on this...not sure if they are open on weekends yet.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Terry53029 wrote:

Do you have more than one user on your COMPUTER, or when you first setup computer  the administrator account is established when Windows is first installed or used on the machine. You need to log on as administrator.

Good call Terry, I'm the only person that uses any of my computers, so Ive never had any other logins setup, I dont know what kind of limitations are in place in that situation.

0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

in the manage users , next to my name under my access it says account admin , so that looks ok. 

however under software access IT IS BLANK  it does not say admin ( master) 

I think that is the problem .

and there does not appear to be a way to type in admin ( master ) 

looks to me like intuit will need to fix this .

do you agree ? 

thank you 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, something is goofy on their end, I'm afraid you'll need to make the dreaded call to support, sorry.

0 Cheers
085nicky
Level 2

i agree ,  no issue like this the last 4 years i used the software .

thanks for trying to help .

i will cal monday . 

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@085nicky wrote:

something wrong 

I would encourage you to reach out to our ProSeries support team on this one. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for-help/00/4714

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
fapsmith7
Level 1

having trouble signing in to proseries basic 2019

0 Cheers
lukaliz
Level 1

This is ridiculous!!!

0 Cheers