Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone noticed that form 2555 is being added to all 1040 files not yet filed? this has begun after most recent update.

J Davis
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, but unless you actually need the form, just delete it and move on to the next return.

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

yes but I hope they fix this soon. Files that were completed before the update but only getting e-filed now (waiting for signatures) are failing e-file and now you have to go back into completed files and delete and resave/convert.

0 Cheers
Hammer
Level 2

No, most of my clients are based overseas and they do not receive tax refunds. Hence, they don't have their direct deposit details listed in their 2018 tax return. They overpaid their tax due this year so I can add their US bank details so they can receive their stimulus payment via direct deposit, instead of IRS mail the check to a foreign address which the risk of losing it in the mail is very high, and I'll have to call the IRS trying to trace the stimulus payment check, etc. Are you going to pay for my time spend with the IRS? Also, the IRS has already extended the 2nd wave of the stimulus payment via direct deposit until Friday, April 24. So, this is has nothing to to do with April 15 due date. Not sure what are you trying to say here. You need to solve the issue ASAP as you guys do always increase your software fees on an annual basis for software enhancement, and I believe you need to reconsider this big time. My time that I'm spending with you now trying to explain is cost me money, & I'm sure you're not paying for it. So fix the problem. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nice speech, but you do realize that nobody responding here works for Intuit?

Slava Ukraini!