Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone miscalculate the recovery rebate when removing a dependant for 2020?

yanezam
Level 2

ProSeries has made huge-mistakes over the years!!!! This year when ever I removed a dependant it would miscalculate the amount of the recovery rebate. I only notice this after a few clients mentioned a change in their refunds. Did anyone experience the same issue? I have complained almost every years on errors-Proseries makes and every year no accountability is accepted on Proseries part i'm tired of have to explain to my clients errors on the part of the program. We pay big money and expect Proseries to give a product with no defect and that's not what we are getting. What has been your experience?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

How did you remove the dependent?

If you used the Right Click - Delete Line in Table it seems to work right, if you just went through and deleted the contents in each box is when things got a little weird.

You have to remember the program is only a tool, its no substitute for a professional reviewing the calculations and outcome for any irregularities.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
yanezam
Level 2

The error only happened at the begging of tax season and the error was not noticeable, it would only increase the amount of the refund. Yes we all know that program is a tool. But what happens when you use a faulty tool? Yes, exactly the end product is also faulty. We pay a lot of money to have a quality tool.  

accounteck
Level 3

I've had the same issue happen to me 2 times and only now realized that with both clients I had to remove their dependent children. That's how I finally found this discussion. Both clients have still not received their refunds (still says "processing") and I e-filed them in mid-February!! Any idea what the turnaround time was for your client's "adjusted" refunds to finally get to them?

0 Cheers
yanezam
Level 2

Yes, the clients that had this issue are experiencing delays in the refund, intuit is making so many mistakes and not taking responsibility. Hiding behind "Proseries is just a tool". Well guess what a computer is also a tool and I would never knowingly buy a faulty computer just like I would never buy a program thats faulty. They need to own up to this issues we're experiencing. 

yanezam
Level 2

Oh by the way it's not your fault!!!