Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had an e-filed return accepted by the IRS and/or State as of yet?

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I always file the same return first every year (my mom's !!) as a test before I start cranking out my early filers. The return has hung in "Received by Intuit" status for quite a while.

Are returns getting processed yet by the taxing authorities?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS did some hub testing on files that were sent early and held in queue, some of those have already been accepted or rejected.

Id stand back until later in the day before throwing your clients returns into the mess than this morning will bring.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

The doors were scheduled to open today.  9.7 bazillion returns are now attempting to fit in that little wire going into the IRS computers.  Give it a little time.

Slava Ukraini!
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

As many problems as my Intuit software has had in the past, I'm not looking for levity at this point. Just an honest answer. I don't want to file a hundred returns today and have them all hung up with the same glitch!!

TaxQuest2020
Level 2

This is my first time using this software and mine are in the same "Received by Intuit" status. I can tell you that I sent a couple earlier filers through a couple days ago and theirs said "Accepted" sometime yesterday. 

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Just an honest answer."

That is an honest answer.  The computers are swamped today.  That's why I never file on opening day.  I'll wait another day or two just to avoid potential issues.

Folks that had transmitted earlier had their returns held by Intuit.  Some of those returns trickled through so the IRS could test their system.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS did some hub testing on files that were sent early and held in queue, some of those have already been accepted or rejected.

Id stand back until later in the day before throwing your clients returns into the mess than this morning will bring.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Just the kind of info I'm looking for. Thank you

0 Cheers
grossie
Level 5

Same problem here.  First 6 were accepted, then the following returns began 

getting stuck in "received by intuit". 

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question.

0 Cheers
Olgatax1
Level 3

same here waiting for 38 of my returns to receive acknowledgement, first day issues again, patience.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to answer. 

It's a situation like yours that I try to avoid. I try to file one test return, and after it clears, I then send out the bulk of my early filers.

0 Cheers