Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating the Unemployment Compensation Exclusion in ProSeries

LegacyTax
Level 1

THIS IS THE ANSWER: Once the update is available: ProSeries will make an automatic adjustment to federal returns that qualify for the exclusion. The adjustment will show on the Other Income Statement line 23E and flow to the Schedule 1 line 8.

MY QUESTION: I did the updates and run the query but i don't see the line 23E on the other income statement. Unemployment is not being updated. 

Thanks

Ana Espitia

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
findlorna
Level 2

I don't see any line 23E yet, so meaning they're still working on the update.

0 Cheers
msdcpaok
Level 2

I thought the update was supposed to be available Thursday 3/18/2021 in the afternoon.  It is now Friday morning and no update yet...what gives???

BobKamman
Level 15

BobKamman_0-1616134545142.png

rpscranton
Level 3

you're absolutely right BobKamman... I cleared my Friday calendar so I can file the 25 returns I have held back that have unemployment, the day AFTER it was to be available for ProSeries.... and now we can't file those?  crappy

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Follow the IRS instructions issued a week ago, enter the exclusion yourself and file the returns.

It has been working fine for me all week...several returns filed and accepted.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

how can you file the return with unemployment if you do not know if the state is going to follow yet?

ABS Tax
Level 2

THE OTHER TAX SOFTWARE COMPANIES ARE ABLE TO UPDATE BUT

PROSERIES IS NOT ABLE TO.   MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT 

0 Cheers
rpscranton
Level 3

my fear doing it your way.... delayed refund

We know that IRS accepts easily.  But without a worksheet (that they have for their printed forms) just putting UCE and a negative amount on Schedule 1 may just delay a refund, something that I'm not willing to chance.

I see others doing the same as you but I'll wait, especially if it affects a State return as well

My GF works for H&R Block and THEIR program is updated to account for this... our original complaint still stands.. PROSERIES said it would be updated Thursday afternoon and here we are Friday morning with no update and NO WORD from Proseries what to expect!

pakottmann
Level 2

We can fix it ourselves but what about the states, do they accept the exclucsion?