Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms/worksheets not printing in 2020 ProSeries Prof. version

Beth-K-
Level 3

Forms/worksheets not printing in 2020 Prof. version. Printer is set-up. When I try to print I get a message that the form/worksheet is processing and has been successfully sent to the printer - but nothing prints.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Beth-K-
Level 3

Hi Lisa -I rebooted one more time and everything's printing.  Thanks so much for your help.

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you have the box at the top of the print screen checked for File (PDF) instead of Printer by mistake?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Beth-K-
Level 3

No. But I did change it to pdf to print the "Tax Summary" out of sheer frustration. Also, I was able to print a test page as well as an email.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I know in prior years any time Id update the program I had to reboot the computer afterwards or I couldnt print from PS.....is it a new problem? could you print the other day, but not now?

0 Cheers
Beth-K-
Level 3

Hi Lisa - I've both updated the program and shut down.  Doesn't help.  Between this and the "ProSeries has failed to license, error code 4--1" from this morning (resolved) - it hasn't been a productive day.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando  is there a place were we can find possible printer fixes for things like this...seems like lots of printer issues this year, Im not sure what to tell people.

0 Cheers
Beth-K-
Level 3

Hi Lisa -I rebooted one more time and everything's printing.  Thanks so much for your help.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh good! Thats always my go-to when nothing prints from PS!

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm not sure if something currently exists. We'll be working on some sort of troubleshooting experience.

In general, I'd recommend this progression:

- Print to File.  We're working on making this easier, especially from HomeBase

- Print as Image. If you can live with the performance this usually works. It will be an option in basic with tomorrow's release.

- Update Print Drivers / Windows.  I hate recommending this because it's a huge pain and not guaranteed.. but it seems to be a root cause. We had to upgrade our PDF to Printer library from something that was no longer support to something that is.. unfortunately that seems to have traded old problems for new problems.

We might also try to get some sort of troubleshooting experience in the product.

jmoll
Level 1

I am having the same problem. I have tried rebooting but still not printing. 

0 Cheers
gary0524
Level 1

I, too, am having the same problem. Schedule C's in both federal and state not printing, local tax returns not printing, as well several other Schedule's not printing. I have had to close out of the program numerous times to get the forms to print. Then I have to re-organize all the forms for my clients so they flow the way they are suppose to. I have spent too much money on ProSeries to have this continuing problem and I am too busy to have this happen constantly. They want the payment for the software quickly but are very slow to correct this problem. It seems that ProSeries is going down hill. After numerous years with ProSeries I will start looking for a different tax program for next year and I will be cancelling my auto renew. Next will be QBO because that program is still not operating properly.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for the frustration. By saying you have to close out of the program numerous times, do you mean it usually doesn't print - but every once in awhile it does? Or every time you print a different part of the print job goes through?

To help with troubleshooting, can you

• run ProSeries
  • reproduce the problem,
  • go into Help -> Send Logs
  • email the resulting zip file to me at proseries_engineering@intuit.com
gary0524
Level 1

Orlando,

I have had to close the program over 30 times so far. It will print the return but forms I have checked to be printed do not print. It appears to be the Schedule C (Federal/State), local tax returns, Due Diligence Checklist, etc. If it were once in a while I would have no problem with it but it is at least 30 times if not more. Saturday I updated the program and it shut down and booted up after the updates. I printed a tax return and those forms did not print. I then closed the program again and they printed. It does it for the Filing Copy/Client Copy/Preparer Copy. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
did you send the log file like Orlando requested?

0 Cheers
gary0524
Level 1

I just sent the log. I attempted to print Client Muto and encountered the same problem. 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Did you email to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? I don't see a message from you.

0 Cheers