Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms still waiting approval

mhsmith53
Level 3

Today on Feb 18th I updated my software and Form 2210 is still not approved.
It stated it would be available on the 18th but now states the 25th.
This form has been around forever and I'm not aware of any major changes.

I have clients who want to minimize their penalty by filing ASAP.
I told them we could file by the 18th - Now I need to say the 25th (or will I need to wait another week e.g. March 4th....)

Does anyone else find this frustrating - What the heck is going on here?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Very frustrating, 2020 was the tax season that never ended, now 2021 is the tax season that just cant get completely started!

Im kind of hoping the 2210 is delayed because therye going to reduce or waive the ES penalties for 2020.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mdtao31
Level 7

i checked the box to let irs figure the penalty

and the return was excepted.there should be no penalty\

because clients paid 100 percent of tax in 2019

regards,LARRY

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive tried checking different boxes on a couple of mine, still shows as a red error. I really dont want them to get an IRS bill later down the line though.

0 Cheers
mhsmith53
Level 3

I need to use the annualized method so the IRS can't do that for me.
If we are waiting for Congress/IRS to waive penalties & interest - I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they are going down that path. If Intuit is holding the form up for that possibility they should be more transparent and tells us that

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I haven't seen anything about it either, but a girl can dream, right?

mhsmith53
Level 3

just called Intuit and they are stating the IRS is holding up the release of the 2210 form - So keep dreaming 🙂

LL3
Level 1

Is anyone else getting the impression that intuit is too busy with Turbo Tax which they are doing for people for free to care about us that make a living doing taxes.  I sometimes think they are forgetting the ones paying for the program

BobKamman
Level 15

@mhsmith53 " I'm not aware of any major changes."

Other than the first payment not being required until July 15.  

0 Cheers