Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms in use section of forms bar is partially scrambled (out of order) for some returns

frank1
Level 3

For quite a few 1040's, the listing of forms in the "forms in use" section of the forms bar is out of its normal sequence.  For instance, Sched D might be the last form listed instead of it being in it's normal location (after Sch C).  This is frustrating in trying to quickly bounce to a form.  Anyone else having this issue?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen other people mention it, if you right click on the header bar of Forms in Use, its got Revert to Default, but others have said that doesnt seem to fix it either.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I too have this issue.   I have one client with Sched F  info before the Sched C and both of these forms are at the bottom of all forms in use.      

I agree - it is frustrating.

I tried the Revert to Default  - it did nothing for me.     Please let me know if it works for you.

BobKamman
Level 15

It's not just that they are out of order -- sometimes they disappear.  I have found that switching to the state return, then switching back, will usually fix the problem.  Pick a state, any state, if you're in Texas or Florida.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

The switching from Fed to State   (cold & snowy Indiana) fixes those that disappeared but not the strange ordering.

0 Cheers
frank1
Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion, but "revert to default" doesn't do anything for me.  This whole issue is unpredictable.  Appears random, maybe on about 10% of my 1040s.  And I don't see any similarities on the affected returns or anything that distinguishes these returns from my "normal" returns.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So I haven't had this issue at all, until today!  Ya'll cursed me!  LOL

jfarians
Level 2

Any updates on this? I would estimate it is impacting about 5% of my returns. Definitely isn't good for the accountant OCD. Ha! 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I'll be honest, I doubt its even being looked at. Too small of an issue for it to even be in the top 10 list of things that need to be fixed.

0 Cheers
Taxprohere
Level 7

It's a curse.  From not letting us have customized commonly-used forms.  Just saying😏.

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

Anyone from proseries addressing this?  Happening more and more often.

0 Cheers