Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forms are not calculating properly

ellenm
Level 2

I did a tax return, printed it to review, went back in to send to client, and proseries had omitted all the tax payments and other items.  I had to go back into each form, W-2, take numbers out, and put them in again, and then save, form by form.  This is unacceptable.  I called about this last week - and they told me not to uninstall.  Now what.  Second time this has happened.  How will I know it will efile with the proper numbers??  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

I haven't seen any other posts with similar problems.  Is it only saving part of your information - like some of the W2 entries but not all ??    Why did you have to take numbers out and re-input?    Did you try to do a program Tools - Repair updates ?

ellenm
Level 2

they told me on the phone to do that  never have to heard of that before.  If i took out the fwt, saved and re inputed it in, it would maybe save the correct way.  This is the second taxpayer I am having this happen to.  

0 Cheers
ellenm
Level 2

and doesn't repair work the same exact way as updates?  seems to.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

No repairs is more thorough     Are you entering W2 info to W2s that transferred from 2019   Maybe try entering all W2s as new  - delete the old   ??    see if that resolves the issue

ellenm
Level 2

did repairs.  we shall see if that works.  Why did no one tell me to uninstall?  and Why would I need to delete w-2s from last year?  That also makes no sense. i can't imagine deleted w-2s proforma'd for all my taxpayers.    Seems like something is amiss here.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Have you read some of the crazy things happening within the program ?   RRC worksheet is calculating on 17 and 18yr olds -  the fix is to delete the dependent and reenter..........so................  deleting a W2 and entering fresh doesn't seem so out of line.

Hope the Repair updates does the trick for you.  Best of luck.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I haven't seen this reported by anyone else, or experienced it myself either.

So it omitted everything you had entered or just the withholding on the W2s?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers