Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"form not approved" error stopping efiling one return but not another

Julie T
Level 1

Tried to efile a return today where there is a balance due.  The program generated a form 2210 with no penalty due but there is an error that the form is not approved by the IRS yet and will not allow me to efile.  I looked at my own return which also has a balance due and the program generated a form 2210 which is marked do not file.  But I would be able to efile my return if it was complete.  Any suggestions on how to efile the first return?  Already tried deleting the form and the program recreates.  Already tried doing repair updates but that didn't solve either.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive got several sitting waiting for the 2210 to finalize

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2210 not final, no Efile until it is.

0 Cheers
LindaC1
Level 2

I tried to efile a 2019 return today with balance due, and an error occurred bringing me to the efile question. I have marked the efile box, but still has an error. I thought we could efile 2019 today, along with 2020 returns. Can we not?

0 Cheers
Julie T
Level 1

But it would have allowed me to file my own return.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If there is no penalty due, put a zero in the box for prior year tax on the 2210 and proceed onward.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive got several sitting waiting for the 2210 to finalize

0 Cheers
Julie T
Level 1

Thanks.  I figured out why mine could be filed and the other one can't.  For mine, I don't actually need to file the form.  For the other return, 2019 was 2 single returns and this year is MFJ so they are required to file the form.  Hope it is finalized soon.

0 Cheers
LindaC1
Level 2

There is a $20 penalty due, so overriding the amount causes another error code. The question is, are we allowed to efile the 2019 return?

0 Cheers