Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form M1PR Problems

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

EDIT:  Nevermind, it was my error.

I realize that the MN Property Tax Refund form (M1PR) just came out, but ....

(1) The Form does not print with everything else.

(2)  It says it can't be e-filed because there isn't a amount on Line 17, but there IS.

P.S:  Why does it only allow adding ONE picture?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Second picture.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So you are saying the good news is, they got the form out in a reasonable amount of time, but the bad news is, it's worthless as is?  

I don't have anybody in the door yet with CRPs so I haven't looked at it.  Have you played with it at all to see if it is an issue with the M1PR itself or the CRP - have you tried a dummy property tax statement to see if that flies?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I haven't played with it or tried fake Property Tax Statements yet, as I just did my first one.

At first glance, the numbers seem to flow and populate the form okay.  You can still print the M1PR separately, so it can still be printed.

So based on my first one, it seems workable for now, and I'll just e-file them in a month or two (assuming Intuit eventually fixes it).   😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

You are going to e-file them in a month or two after Intuit fixes it ----------------- you are still the eternal optimist.  It must come from all of the Minnesota sunshine this time of year 😄

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Nevermind ... it was a PEBKAC problem.  I was looking at the wrong line (and the program told me the wrong line).  The refund is on line 18, not line 17.   😞

Between the change in the form this year, and that ProSeries added a "Smart Worksheet" in an annoying spot, I was thrown off.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I was thrown off"

Just in case you were ever thinking of refreshing your name here, I understand BroncoBill is still available 🏇

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Bobo
Level 2

Bill, did you ever get the MN  M1pr to work properly.. If so please tell me the trick to get it to work.  Thanks, Dale

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

What exactly is the problem you are having?

0 Cheers