Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form flow error

FTPhil
Level 3

I am entering this information here as I do not want to sit on hold waiting to talk... I just want to explain an issue that needs to be corrected in the program for Non-Resident Tax Returns... Please forward this or let me know where to put this information.

We have a client that lives in MN and works in WI. WI Tax is withheld, and thus requires a "Non-resident WI Tax Return". When I entered the Box 10 Property Tax amount from the 1098, it flowed into the WI return where it created an erroneous "School property tax credit" thus resulting in a $32 refund which when the property tax paid is removed, it results in the client owing WI $82.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
kwmw
Level 1

At the  bottom of the general federal section, scroll to the bottom to find the resident and nonresident state worksheets. Here you should be able to designate income and deductions for the two states.

Good luck

FTPhil
Level 3

I don't see anything there for Property Taxes.

0 Cheers
Mtax
Level 1

I had the same issue - I was able to enter 0 on the property tax paid on home, line 41b of form 1NP and correct the issue. But I agree, still needs a fix within the software side.

0 Cheers
Mtax
Level 1

I had the same issue - I was able to enter 0 on the property tax paid on home, line 41b of form 1NP and correct the issue. But I agree, still needs a fix within the software side.

0 Cheers