Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 990-PF error code

Deb9
Level 2

I'm filing a zero Form 990-PF return. On page 6, Part VIII, line 2 - Compensation of five highest paid employees, I entered None as directed and None autofills at the bottom for the total.  The address, name, title, compensation, etc. continue to show as errors when you don't enter any of that information.  If you don't enter None on the Name line it also shows as an error. Both entering data and not entering data results in error code. Any help would be appreciated!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

20 Comments 20
PATAX
Level 15

Not sure if this would work but what if you go to each error line and hit the delete button or backspace button on your keyboard to delete any "information" on that line, even though there may be nothing showing on that line.

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

Thanks but that didn't work.  I also had closed out of the software and went back in with no success.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Since it appears that you should not be getting these error messages  you may want to consider "disabling error conversion check" before e-filing. I have never done this myself but I have heard that it does work sometimes when the error should not be showing.

Curt at Chapin
Level 2

Having the same problem Deb.  None of the workarounds that I have tried have worked.  I hope someone has an answer or Intuit fixes this bug

kfoxcpa
Level 1

Has anyone contacted Intuit about the "None" issue of 990-PF?

0 Cheers
TonyaA
Level 1

I am having the same problems. Did you find a solution

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

I was on the phone with support for almost an hour yesterday.  They were trying to fix it while I was on hold. I finally said I didn't need to finish the return yesterday and would update my software today (Friday). I was told they would have it fixed yesterday and the fix would be in a download last night.  Unfortunately, I updated the software today and the error code is still there.  I'll wait until Monday and if not fixed will call them back.

Deb

0 Cheers
Curt at Chapin
Level 2

I turned off the error check and was then able to efile.  I did so after all other errors had been corrected and the only "error" left was the address for "none"

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

Curt,

Where are you turning off the error check?  Also, when you entered none, is the address the only other error?  I also have errors for the title, hours and compensation.

Thanks!

Deb

0 Cheers
Curt at Chapin
Level 2

Deb

You are of course correct as to the other errors wanting the title and comp of "none".

To override, go to

Tools

Options

Electronic Filing

check the box next to "Transmit Returns/Extensions When Warnings Exist"

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

Curt,

Thank you, your assistance is much appreciated! Having to deal with this matter is such a waste of time, especially this time of year.

Deb

0 Cheers
TonyaA
Level 1

I have been still trying to fix this and have not seen any updates that fix the problem either. Did you get a hold of Proseries?

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

Tonya,

I haven't had time to call ProSeries again.  Curt at Chapin gave me the following directions to override the error code when efiling:

"To override, go to

Tools

Options

Electronic Filing

check the box next to "Transmit Returns/Extensions When Warnings Exist"

I haven't tried it yet.

Deb

0 Cheers
jalex11
Level 2

Unfortunately turning off the error check did not work for me, still cannot e-file the 990PF with 'None' under compensation.  Hoping for an update soon.

0 Cheers
beckerc
Level 1

I am having the same error and issue.  Disabling the error check under the efiling menu did not work for me.  Hopefully an update will be out soon.

0 Cheers
hadassa1
Level 1

990pf page 6 part VIII line 2 still has a technical glitch.  After spending over an hour waiting to speak to

Intuit rep. was told that Proseries has a technical error which they are aware of for several weeks!  She could offer no date when it would be fixed.  Can't e-file return with this error!  Intuit's service is the pits!!!!!!

They have no regard for their customers' time.

0 Cheers
hadassa1
Level 1

yes. I spent over an hour waiting to speak to a rep only to be told INTUIT is aware of problem for several

weeks but she could offer no date as to when INTUIT would fix their bug! Shame on them!

0 Cheers
hadassa1
Level 1

Just tried to efile with warning messages as per the instructions you received.  DID NOT WORK.

0 Cheers
Deb9
Level 2

I was finally able to e-file the return.  Try this:  in the efile center, click on Electronic Filing, then Convert/Transmit Returns/Extensions.  In this box you need to uncheck "Enable conversion error checking".  I was then able to efile the return.

Deb

beckerc
Level 1

Thank you for posting ... that was very helpful and worked for me as well.

0 Cheers