Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8997

Beckyf
Level 2

My client invested in more than one QOF in 2019 but the total line only includes the entry on the first line. The total does carry to the Form 8949 for the total deferral of gain, however.

If I override I get a message that the return may not be able to be 3-filed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dkh
Level 15

For the record, I've never done this type of transaction but I do use ProSeries Professional. From what I see.... if you select the Schedule D there are two QuickZoom options. The second is for your QOF transaction. Part I line 3 has a check box that needs selected - then your QOF transactions needs entered in Part VIII. Is that how you entered?

0 Cheers
Beckyf
Level 2

Yes, that's how I entered. Also, I just think that ProSeries needs to work on this new Form 8997 because another thing I noticed is that it didn't carry forward last year's QOF gain deferral information which needs to be reported on the form. Also, the names of the QOF's did not get transferred correctly to the form. I will see if I can contact their customer service...