Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8995 (for Federal 1040)

acudzewicz
Level 1

What is the data source for Form 8995? For 2019 ProSeries automatically completed Form 8995 (QBI Deduction Simplified Computation). For 2020, there are no entries on Form 8995. If I try to enter any value it says that they are automatically calculated and I can only enter something with an override.  But there is no clue from where the values for that form are computed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Figures flow to that form from self employment,  K-1s or a 1099DIV that includes 199A dividends.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Figures flow to that form from self employment,  K-1s or a 1099DIV that includes 199A dividends.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
acudzewicz
Level 1

Lisa.  Thanks.  I found out that I needed to complete Section D1 of the Schedule K-1 Worksheet (QBI Deduction- Statement A Information). That Section is not automatically populated by importing a K-1 from the 1120-S Form.  If you don't manually complete that Section, the values are not transferred to form 8995.

0 Cheers