Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 and the S-E Health Insurance Deduction

TxLaine
Level 3

Has anyone tried finding out from Customer Service when the product will be updated to exclude the Excess repayment (that doesn't have to be repaid) from the Self-employed health insurance deduction?

Is there any indication ProSeries will get to this before the May 17 deadline??

I realize I can override for e-filing, but was hoping the update would come soon & make life simpler (since it is a simple subtraction)...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Greta
Level 9

What I ended up doing is deleting the 1095 page to make the red box go away. And crossed my fingers.

A sidebar question: Does everyone type out all 36 numbers on the 1095-A form? Is there a faster way to digest the form?

Greta
Level 9

Con't... I did also have to adjust the self-employed health insurance premium number when I deleted the 1095-A, so it wasn't all that easy a "solution."

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Could you just Unlink the Form 1095-A from the Schedule C?

dkh
Level 15

@Greta wrote:

A sidebar question: Does everyone type out all 36 numbers on the 1095-A form? Is there a faster way to digest the form?

on F 1095A, Part III  there is a box after each month, if you click on that box it fills in the numbers from the previous month.   So all you have to enter is January $ in column A,B,C  and then click box Feb-Dec, that is of course if the monthly amounts didn't change

Greta
Level 9

I thought that linking to Sch C calculates how much was actually paid for health insurance premiums, so I write down that amount, and then I suppose unlinking might get ride of the pink error? Certainly sounds like a good idea. I need to efile these returns ASAP because much money is owed.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

Thank you!! I wish I had asked this question four years ago. Duh.

JRC
Level 8

You can calculate the premium yourself and enter the amount manually on the schedule C.

Not mandatory to Link the 1095 to the schedule C.